"Chicken Veggie Alfredo Lasagna by ItsJoelen, on Flickr">
A tasty and easy way to cook lasagna.
• 4 1/2 lasagna noodles, cut in half (9 halves)
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• 14 oz.(400g.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 8 oz.(227g.) ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup (2 oz. or 28g.) parmesan cheese, grated and divided
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3/4 cup alfredo sauce
• 10 oz.(280g.) white mushrooms, diced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 egg
1) Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) Gently mix egg, ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the parmesan cheese, and basil.
3) Sauté garlic, onion, and mushrooms in a skillet with vegetable oil over medium heat until the onion and garlic are tender and the mushrooms become slightly brown. Remove the skillet from the heat.
4) Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and grill over a medium-high heat until it is cooked thoroughly. Once the chicken is done cooking, dice it.
5) Boil lasagna noodles in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta.
6) Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and lightly cover the bottom with alfredo sauce. Layer 1/3 of the noodles, followed by sauce, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, the vegetables, and the chicken. Repeat this process once. Then, top the lasagna with noodles, the rest of the sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
7) Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until it becomes golden brown and begins bubbling. Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before serving. Makes 4 servings.