When we talk about gatherings, we normally think about foods that can satisfy our guests to the fullest. This is my favorite food which I made for my birthday. Give your Waldorf Salad a twist by adding macaroni pasta into it. Enjoy the robust taste with your family and friends. Serves eight – 10 persons.
3 pieces Green Apples, cored & cubes
3 pieces Red Apple, cored & cubes
6 stalks Celery, finely diced
4 leaves Romaine lettuce
1 cup Raisins (Sun-Maid California Raisins)
½ cup Walnuts or Pecan Nuts, coarsely chopped
1 or 2 cup Mayonnaise (or as needed)
¼ cup White Refined Sugar (or to taste)
3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
3 tablespoons Orange Juice
2 cups Whipped Cream
1 ½ kg uncooked Macaroni pasta
1 ½ cup grated or diced cheddar cheese
(1) Cooked macaroni pasta according to manufacturer’s instructions. Don’t overcook. Set aside.
(2) Diced apples with skin still on. Place in a bowl of water with a little lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
(1) In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and orange juice.
(2) Fold in the whipped cream.
(3) Mix the cooked macaroni in a bowl.
(4) Drain the apples and add to the mayonnaise mixture, along with celery, lettuce, raisins and walnuts.
(5) Stir until ingredients are evenly coated. Chilled for at least 1 hour before serving or you can even serve immediately.
(6) Top grated or diced cheddar cheese before serving.
Note: You can add chicken meat if you like