Photo Source: Bacon and Fried Egg Spaghetti by su-lin, on Flickr>
An easy pasta recipe you can cook in just a few minutes. Add the smoky and saltiness of bacon combined with eggs can be tasted with joyful ways. Serves 4 servings.
• 375g spaghetti
• 2 tbs white vinegar
• 4 eggs
• 4 bacon rashers, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
• 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
1) Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Drain well.
2) Meanwhile, add vinegar to a deep frying pan filled with water and bring to the boil over high heat. Crack 1 egg into a small cup. Use a large spoon to stir the water to create a whirlpool. Carefully slip egg into the centre of the whirlpool and poach for 1-2 minutes for a soft egg, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm and repeat with remaining eggs.
3) Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Remove from heat. Add the oil and chilli and stir to combine. Add the spaghetti, parsley and parmesan and gently toss to combine.
4) Divide the pasta among serving bowls. Top with a poached egg and serve immediately.