Photo Source: "Smoked Salmon Pasta with cream sauce by yoshiko314, on Flickr">
An easy Italian recipe with smoked salmon as the main ingredient.
• 1 pound (454g.) smoked salmon
• 8 oz.(227g.) heavy cream
• 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 1 pound (454g.) linguine pasta
• 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon of fresh basil
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
• Salt to taste
1) Bring salted water to boil in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
2) Cut thin slices of salmon and set them aside.
3)Cook garlic and onion in butter in a large skillet until they are tender. Add the salmon slices and cook the mixture for 3 minutes. Mix in basil, red pepper, and heavy cream. Continue cooking the mixture uncovered, bring it to a boil, and cook until the sauce begins to thicken before removing the skillet from the heat. Once removed from the heat, add parmesan cheese to the mixture and stir.
4 ) To serve, place the pasta on a large dish and spoon the salmon and sauce mixture over the pasta.
5) Serves 8 persons